5 hacks to grow your Facebook audience

 
5 hacks to grow your Facebook audience

Cara Wagstaff shares her top tips to accelerate your Facebook following.

1. Good content

Nothing beats good content. Think of your audience: what do they want to read and what will they share and tag their friends in? Make sure 95% of your content  adds value to their life or is enjoyable in some way. You can then use the remaining 5% to educate your audience about who you are, what your company does and what you stand for.

2. Tune in and tune out

In point one we suggest creating content that adds value to your audience, but also remember people are generally on Facebook to tune out. Platforms like LinkedIn are used in a professional capacity, however, people are using Facebook to catch up with their friends and family and aren’t looking to receive direct marketing messages. Think simple, inspiring quotes, quality images and easy tips to make their life easier or better in some way.

3. Invite your friends (and new friends)

Now that you’ve mastered creating the perfect balance of posts for your audience, you will want to help grow and reach even more potential fans. The best and easiest way to do this is by clicking on a post you’ve published that has gone well, click on the post ‘likers’ and then in the pop-up, Facebook gives you the option to invite these people to like your post.

But how did they like my post if they don’t like my page you?

When Facebook deems a post to be of high value, interesting or engaging, it will appear in the feeds of friends of the person who has liked the post. This works perfectly for businesses as you know you have someone in common who liked your page, and therefore this new ‘liker’ is likely to be interested in your page and content as well!

4. Timing is everything

Think about when you’re on Facebook. When you wake up? Check. On the train to and from work? Check. Watching TV and then a last little peek before bed? Check and check.

Thinking about when your fans are on Facebook will help you determine the best times to post. Why is this important? Facebook’s algorithm looks at a post and if it receives a lot of engagement – likes, comments, shares – within a short period of time, Facebook deems it to be good content and will therefore push out on more peoples newsfeeds. So the best way to get that boost of organic engagement? Post when people are most likely to be online and ready to engage.

How do I know when my fans are online?

Easy. Head to your Facebook insights tab, then click posts on the left-hand side toolbar and you will receive a graph of the key times your fans are online. As you can see in the image below, our peak audience times are between 6-8am and 6-8pm.

5. Engage with your fans

Our motto here at Signature Media is if someone takes the time to comment on your post, to message your page, post a question on your wall or even tag you in a post, they deserve a reply. If someone goes out of their way to engage with your page, it is polite and respectful to respond. Not only that, but actively engaging with your community will help elevate your page to the next level.

For more tips on how to grow your business with digital or traditional print advertising, get in contact with one of our friendly media advisors now.

 
Samantha Rowntree